With the onset of Covid 19, I immediately panicked. I sat in a parking lot for many hours thinking "what can I do?" "how can I make a difference?"
My brand is zero waste, keeping single use products out of the landfill.
DISPOSABLE FACEMASKS..? NOT ON MY WATCH..
Like the other products I designed, I wanted to make a mask that was not just a throw together product to make an easy dollar. I wanted to make a quality product that makes an actual difference and does what it is intended to do.
I spent days researching, asking my health professional friends, calls to Health Canada, asking tons of questions. I came up with a few mandatory requirements.
1) Nose wire. they have to have a nose wire to squeeze into place and keep the mask secure and not fog glasses.
2) elastics, every single health care person HATES (strong word) the ear elastics. they hurt after hours and slip off constantly.
2b) fabric ties, they don't stay on, slide off and are hard to get the fit right. Also hard to wear for hours.
3) fitted shape. The accordion style is easy and quick to make but just does not fit well.
4) Filter. Non woven Polypropylene. very important part of a mask.
5) washable and reusable over and over.
I took all these things and created an amazing mask.
I design and hand make planet friendly products for zero waste living. I am extremely focused on lowering our carbon footprint and making it effortless for the everyday person to lead a zero-waste lifestyle.
My family and friends are very involved in inventory, selling, website, packaging, shipping and moral support.
How We Differ
I design and make everything I sell in my home. I am determined that my contribution will lower our impact on landfills and the Planet. We will very soon run out of places on our planet to hide our garbage.
Every little change we make can have a huge impact on our future.